Swiss Fund Solutions
Waystone is authorised and regulated by FINMA to provide Swiss fund representation, distribution services and arrangements with the paying agent bank.
Our comprehensive Swiss Fund solution allows you to benefit from a high-quality level of fund governance, a continuous regulatory overview and a simplified process that reduces both costs and time to market.
Swiss fund representation
Switzerland is an attractive market, of which Waystone has a deep knowledge. As a result, we are accredited by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) and authorised as an asset manager that is regulated to represent foreign funds for distribution in Switzerland to both professional and retail investors. Our Swiss fund representative agent solutions include the following:
- undertaking Swiss fund representation in accordance with the Collective Investment Schemes Act (CISA), including direct communication with FINMA and investors, in case of queries
- Swiss fund analysis and due diligence
- updating the fund manager on relevant regulatory developments in the Swiss fund market
- representation for UCITs and AIFs
- legal advice & initial FINMA-filing
- coordination with tax advisors
- monitoring of distribution activities
- arranging for paying agent services with a Swiss bank chosen by the fund manager.
Our comprehensive Swiss offering allows you to benefit from a high-quality level of fund governance, a continuous regulatory overview and a simplified process that reduces both costs and time to market.
FinSA-compliant fund distribution in Switzerland
The Swiss Financial Services Act (FinSA) came into force on 1 January 2020. As a result, new regulatory requirements must be met when offering investment funds to those investing in the Swiss market These expanded regulatory requirements for Swiss funds now cover the following:
- collection & processing of documents
- client advisor training
- coordination of requests through register/ombudsman office
- notification of changes to register/ombudsman office
- an affiliation to an ombudsman
- registration of client advisors
- professional insurance requirements
- new organisational rules
- new conduct rules
- a new classification of investors.
The obligations that apply to each provider depend on the type of product being offered.
To meet those needs, you are provided with a comprehensive Swiss fund management solution package that ensures full compliance with FinSA.
Fund distribution in Switzerland
We will address all requirements connected to the distribution activity and facilitate the distribution of funds.
Our key Swiss distribution services include the following:
- providing access to banking distribution platforms
- contracting and performing due diligence of Swiss fund distributors
- providing fund distribution agreements that are compliant with the Swiss Fund and Asset Manager Association (SFAMA) standards
- negotiating, at the fund manager’s request, distribution contracts with fund distributors, within the limitations of the SFAMA distribution agreements
- facilitating contact with qualified institutional investors through capital introduction events and meetings
- acting as a global distributor, organising retro-cessions for fund distributors and third-party marketers.
Establishing Swiss Representation for an AIF Structure Timeline
|Party||Fund & Waystone||Waystone|
|Number of Business Days||15 Days||In the interim|
Timeline and Workflow to Obtain FINMA Authorisation for the Change of Swiss Representative
|Party||Fund & Waystone||Waystone||Fund & Depositary & Former Representative||Waystone||FINMA|
|Number of Business Days||15 Days||In the interim||5 Days||4 Days||19 Days|
Why Choose Waystone?
Our comprehensive Swiss offering allows you to benefit from a high-quality level of governance, a continuous regulatory overview, and a simplified process that reduces both costs and time to market.
To learn more about our European Solutions, get in touch with a Waystone representative today.