Regulator Insights: Private Funds in Ireland – Present and future
Please join James O’Sullivan, Head of Funds Authorisation at the Central Bank of Ireland, David Williams, Partner and Head of Private Funds at Simmons & Simmons and James McKnight, Partner at Simmons & Simmons, together with key industry experts, Eamon Lyons, Client Solutions Director at Waystone and Fiona De Vega, Legal Counsel at Centaur as they discuss private funds and the Irish regulator’s approach to AIF approvals, including pre-submission for certain asset classes. They will also cover the continued development of the private funds infrastructure in Ireland, including the new license available to depositaries for closed-ended funds, as well as proposed ELTIF reforms and AIFMD2 loan origination fund proposals and how these compare to the current regulated loan origination fund regime which has been in place in Ireland since 2014 (the so-called “L-QIAIF”).
- James McKnight – Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- James O’Sullivan – Head of Funds Authorisation – Central Bank of Ireland
- David Williams – Partner and Head of Private Funds – Simmons & Simmons
- Eamon Lyons – Client Solutions Director – Waystone
- Fiona De Vega – Legal Counsel – Centaur
Wednesday, 25th May 2022